need help with completion problem (no widget shown even though items are found)

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Fri Aug 14 18:24:19 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag 13 August 2009 23:48:42 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> I got such a strange problem I cannot debug it / fix it myself:
>
> You can observe the bug in a recent enough version of the PHP plugin:
>
> - open a php file in any project
> - the project should have at least a subfolder in the dir of the php file
> - that subfolder should have some contents
Is it possible that those entries are simply filtered away by the completion-
widget? Everything in the completion-list has to start with the string
returned by your implementation of
"CodeCompletionControllerInterface::filterText(..)".

By the way I also notice that this case was partially broken in C++. Tt does
not automatically continue the completion for the subfolder any more when you
execute them. This was working some time, so maybe you've broken it while
moving that stuff into kdevplatform.

So when you fix it for php, please also take a look at C++ so it works there
as well.

Greetings, David