Rationale for double click and project view and can we bring back following the global setting?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Aug 14 15:30:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Matt Rogers <mattr at kde.org> wrote:

> On Friday 14 August 2009 09:10:10 am Aleix Pol wrote:

> > > It's recent enough for those of us who don't update every day or even
> > > every week. :P
> > >
> > > Don't assume that everybody updates every day.

> single

> > > You have a Ctrl key right? Just use that. Kopete uses a treeview for
> it's
> > > contact list and that works just fine for me and so far, we haven't
> > > gotten a
> > > lot of complaints from other people.
> >
> > I've heard many complaints on the huge context menu  that appears when
> you
> > rightclick there. It's something we're trying to avoid here.
> >

> I never mentioned anything about a context menu. This is not about right
> clicking. It's about not following the kde settings for single click vs
> double
> click.

I mentioned because the difference is that in the ProjectView we have some
actions that depend on the state of the selection while in Kopete's contact
list all the actions are inside the context menu or the single/double-click
for the default action.

In the ProjectView we have the default action (open file) on the double
click, the single click for selecting and the context menu for less
important stuff.