PartDocument location

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Aug 9 21:44:42 UTC 2009

On 09.08.09 21:30:02, Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi,
> Do you think it would be possible to move the PartDocument somewhere else
> (like in kdevplatform/util) so that we can create new document instances
> with it?

No, rather it should move to interfaces IMHO, thats basically the
"public API" of shell. One downside is that this means interfaces links
against sublime and hence each plugin links against sublime too.

That would (hopefully) also allow to remove some duplicated code between
PartDocument, TextDocument and DesignerDocument (currently in
playground)

> I've realised that I'm duplicating a lot of its code while creating the
> PatchDocument and that would mean to add potential bugs.
>
> I need to subclass it because I need to have more control on it.

I guess this is about creating the view widget and save?

Reply hazy, ask again later.