kompare requirement

Lorenzo Bettini bettini at dsi.unifi.it
Sun Aug 9 12:45:41 UTC 2009

Sure, here it is (I did svn up a few hours ago):

[ 78%] Building CXX object
plugins/patchreview/CMakeFiles/kdevpatchreview.dir/patchreview.o
In file included from
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/libdiff2/diffmodel.h:25,
                  from
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/libdiff2/komparemodellist.h:24,
                  from
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:39:
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/libdiff2/diffhunk.h:48:
warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type
In file included from
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/libdiff2/komparemodellist.h:24,
                  from
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:39:
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/libdiff2/diffmodel.h:117:
warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.h: In
constructor ‘PatchReviewToolView::PatchReviewToolView(QWidget*,
PatchReviewPlugin*)’:
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.h:114:
warning: ‘PatchReviewToolView::m_plugin’ will be initialized after
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.h:109:
warning:   ‘bool PatchReviewToolView::m_reversed’
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:89:
warning:   when initialized here
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:
In member function ‘void PatchReviewToolView::slotEditCommandChanged()’:
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:140:
error: ‘class KUrlRequester’ has no member named ‘setText’
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:
In member function ‘void PatchReviewPlugin::seekHunk(bool, const KUrl&)’:
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:214:
warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:
In member function ‘void PatchReviewPlugin::addHighlighting(const KUrl&,
KDevelop::IDocument*)’:
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:283:
warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:
In member function ‘void PatchReviewPlugin::highlightPatch()’:
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:328:
warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:
In member function ‘void
PatchReviewToolView::documentActivated(KDevelop::IDocument*)’:
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:436:
warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.h: In
constructor ‘PatchReviewPlugin::PatchReviewPlugin(QObject*, const
QVariantList&)’:
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.h:169:
warning: ‘PatchReviewPlugin::m_factory’ will be initialized after
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.h:165:
warning:   ‘bool PatchReviewPlugin::m_isSource’
/home/bettini/install/kdevplatform/plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp:723:
warning:   when initialized here
make[2]: ***
[plugins/patchreview/CMakeFiles/kdevpatchreview.dir/patchreview.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [plugins/patchreview/CMakeFiles/kdevpatchreview.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Aleix Pol wrote:
> Should not be the cause. IIRC, Patch review doesn't use Kompare includes.
> Why don't you just send the error you get? :P
>
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Lorenzo Bettini <bettini at dsi.unifi.it
> <mailto:bettini at dsi.unifi.it>> wrote:
>
>     It looks like (after the last update of kdevplatform) the kompare
>     became a requirement:
>
>     -- Found Qt-Version 4.5.0 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
>     -- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
>     -- Adding /home/bettini/kde4/share/apps/cmake/modules to
>     CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
>     -- Phonon Version: 4.3.0
>     -- Found KDE 4.2 include dir: /usr/include
>     -- Found KDE 4.2 library dir: /usr/lib
>     -- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor:
>     /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
>     -- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
>     -- Could NOT find Kompare  (missing:  KOMPARE_INCLUDES)
>     --
>     -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     -- The following external packages were located on your system.
>     -- This installation will have the extra features provided by these
>     packages.
>     + Boost
>     + Subversion
>     -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     -- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
>     -- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
>     + Kompare: KPart to view file differences.
>     <http://www.caffeinated.me.uk/kompare/>
>     Required for difference checking. From KDE SDK package, KDE 4.3.1 or
>     higher needed.
>
>     in fact, if I run make anyway, I get a compilation error on
>
>     plugins/patchreview/CMakeFiles/kdevpatchreview.dir/patchreview.o
>
>     is this related?
>
>     kdesdk-dev in ubuntu does not provide any kompare header file, by
>     the way, so I could only download kdesdk-4.3.0.tar.bz2 from the kde
>     site, right?
>
>     thanks in advance
>            Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net