kompare requirement

Lorenzo Bettini bettini at dsi.unifi.it
Sun Aug 9 12:16:24 UTC 2009

It looks like (after the last update of kdevplatform) the kompare became
a requirement:

-- Found Qt-Version 4.5.0 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
-- Adding /home/bettini/kde4/share/apps/cmake/modules to CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
-- Phonon Version: 4.3.0
-- Found KDE 4.2 include dir: /usr/include
-- Found KDE 4.2 library dir: /usr/lib
-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
-- Could NOT find Kompare  (missing:  KOMPARE_INCLUDES)
-- The following external packages were located on your system.
-- This installation will have the extra features provided by these
packages.
+ Boost
+ Subversion
-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
+ Kompare: KPart to view file differences.
<http://www.caffeinated.me.uk/kompare/>
Required for difference checking. From KDE SDK package, KDE 4.3.1 or
higher needed.

in fact, if I run make anyway, I get a compilation error on

plugins/patchreview/CMakeFiles/kdevpatchreview.dir/patchreview.o

is this related?

kdesdk-dev in ubuntu does not provide any kompare header file, by the
way, so I could only download kdesdk-4.3.0.tar.bz2 from the kde site, right?

thanks in advance
	Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net