Project Dashboards

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Aug 3 12:25:07 UTC 2009

Aleix Pol wrote:
> I really think that the commit review is something very important. If
> nobody is doing that I'll take a look at it soon, I've been thinrking of
> doing it already. It might make the vcs support actually useful :P.

Would be great!

> The rest of stuff to have integrated is not urgent imho. (like cia.vc
> <http://cia.vc>, mailing lists, irc). Chat could easily be integrated
> through Decibel, I'm not sure what would be the integration here, though.

Integration is nice, but using Decibel in KDevelop is total overkill and
nothing I personally want. So let me stress that once more: In KDevelop
just show a list of contributors with ways to contact them. The
information for that would be in a .xml file describing the project.
That file should also be hosted in the VCS.

Then in the list in KDevelop I can e.g. hit the mail button next to
"apol" and it will open (for me at least) kmail with your email adress
filled in. And when I hit the ICQ icon of any contributor with ICQ (or
MSN or Jabber or ...) it opens (again: for me) Kopete.

I don't need Kopete in Kdevelop. I don't need Kmail in KDevelop. I just
need a way to contact people fast and easy.

--
Milian Wolff
http://milianw.de