ProjectManagerView "remove from filesystem" dialog issues

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 28 22:51:42 UTC 2009

On 25.04.09 15:11:52, Milian Wolff wrote:
> The above mentioned dialog which you get when doing remove file / folder in the
> context menu of the project view has an issue currently:
>
> In the (rare?) case of removing something from the view but not the filesystem
> this choice is not persistent. Reload the project / reopen kdevelop and the
> file will be shown again.
>
> I personally would either like to see this dialog be replaced with a warning
> message (will remove from filesystem -> continue?) or at least pass the
> information on the the ProjectFileManager removeFile / removeFolder.

Well, IMHO "remove file/folder" should do different things on
target-files/build-folders than on other files/folders. On the latter it
should ask for real filesystem deletion, on the former there should be a
checkbox in the dialog to not only remove from project but also from
filesystem.

> At least in the GenericManager I could interpret  this action then a
> "blacklist file" action.

Hmm, not sure how you want that one to work. i.e. should all files be
considered part of the project until the user blacklists them (with an
option to delete it) or should only files that the user adds explicitly
to the project be considered part of the project...

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.