GSOC C++ Refactoring support

Ramón Zarazúa rzarazua at digipen.edu
Mon Apr 27 04:15:52 UTC 2009

On April 26, 2009 10:17:09 am M Breugelmans wrote:
> > On Wed April 22 2009 10:17:09 Ramon Zarazua wrote:
> >> Hello Everyone!
> >>
> >> My name is Ramón Zarazúa and I am a Student participating in the Google
> >> Summer of Code 2009 for the project C++ Refactoring support for
> >> KDevelop.
> >>
> >> I have been lurking around the mailing lists, and idling on IRC
> >> (_killerfox_) for a while. Finally it's official, and I am now the
> >> selected student to work on this project.
> >>
> >> I am very happy to at last be part of this wonderful community that
> >> creates such great software!
> >>
> >> So if you have any questions, doubts, or suggestions mail me or PM me in
> >> IRC!
>
> Congratulations on being selected.
>
> I, for one, am really looking forward to the result of your project.
> Which refactorings do you intend to add?
>
> regards,
> Manuel

Well thank you very much :)

What I am aiming for in this project is build the abstract concepts of a few
refactorization tools(for implementation in other languages), and implement
the C++ version. I Am planning to implement function/method extraction,
subclass extraction, variable migration, and maybe templetization. It all
depends on how well I can interact with duchain, and I plan on doing lots of
thorough testing.

If there is any suggestions/requests I will gladly take them into
consideration!

--
Ramón Zarazúa Borri
Bachelor of Science in Real Time Interactive Simulation