Updating of documents/duchain is kinda flaky

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Apr 23 21:38:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

using kdelibs from this morning and up-to-date kdevplatform/kdevelop I
notice that there's quite some disturbance when editing documents wrt.
duchain. I often seem to completely loose all parsed information on a
document (leaving me without highlighting and code-completion). I can
usually bring this back to work by simply adding/removing some
whitespace and saving the document in between.

Whats even worse this also seems to happen to #include'd files in which
case the .cpp also looses highlighting but I first need to make the
parser realize the include is correct. That is, sometimes I edit my C++
file and suddenly no highlighting, I switch to the header and no
highlighting there either.

David, any suggestions how to provide better information than the above?
Background parser has a 500ms delay here running on three threads with
Q4.5/KDE4.3. Oh and I also sometimes notice what Thomas McGuire said in
one bugreport, that the parser doesn't seem to wait until he restarts
the parsing. Specifically when I'm editing a line without using
completion I see the progressbar flashing rapidly.

"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
		-- Marvin, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"