support for maps esp. for dynamic languages

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Apr 22 12:13:11 UTC 2009

Today at our meeting we discussed support for dynamic languages (think PHP,
JavaScript, Ruby, Python, etc. pp.).

One thing we want to implement is support for maps, since essentially every
one of these languages contains something like that.

These maps are in their simples form similar to e.g. QMap<KeyType, ValueType>,
but actually you can store multiple types in them. Php can only take Strings
and Ints as Keys. Ruby can take everything, even objects. And all of them can
contain any combination of types for their contents.

I've written down our ideas in the wiki, please comment and extend as much as
possible.

http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/SupportForDynamicMaps