Assistant doesn't always hide

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Apr 19 21:04:42 UTC 2009

On 19.04.09 21:22:48, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Sonntag 19 April 2009 20:42:32 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think the assistant is a bit annoying right now because:
> >
> > a) I often can't make it disappear with ESC
> > b) it doesn't disappear automatically
> > c) it often doesn't react when I click on the buttons
> > d) I don't even know how to use it via keyboard (should I just hit the
> > number? Or is a combo needed)
> b) Of course it disappears automatically, either when you change into another
> line, or when you fix the problem. If that's not the case, then please provide
> a way to reproduce the problem.
>
> c) Never seen that happen, although I always use the shortcuts

Unfortunately I haven't found a reproduceable case, also it seems as if
b and c are related. That is if I manage to make it appear all the time,
I cannot make it disappear with alt+num, or clicking.

I'll let you know when I have something.

> d) The shortcuts are configurable, so you could look them up in the shorctus
> configuration. Default is ALT+Number. There has been the idea to label the
> buttons with the full key sequence, that would probably be easier.

Ok haven't looked at the shortcut in fact. Yes, mentioning that one
needs Alt+<number> would be better as its not apparent from the buttons.
The alternative would be making them underlined which is an indicator to
use alt+<underlined text>, well known from menus.

Tomorrow, this will be part of the unchangeable past but fortunately,
it can still be changed today.