State of codehighlighting.cpp

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Apr 15 19:55:43 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 15 April 2009 20:58:48 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> > You misunderstood me: I don't see a necessity to make the colors
> > configurable.
> >
> > I just don't see why we generate the _base_ colors (see color wheel /
> > HSV). Those could be _hardcoded_! And then we adapt those colors to the
> > chosen color scheme (automatically).
>
> Actually you can try this out(Maybe as an option). It's possible that this
> leads to better colors, but it'm not sure. The question is, what would you
> do differently than the automatic algorithm? You'd probably evenly pick
> colors from the color wheel. Maybe with some small adjustments, but those
> might very well be specific to your screen or your eyes.

Zomg - I found the culprit! The colors inside CodeHighlightingColors were
hardcoded and never mixed! I've fixed that and will clean up my stuff and then
commit it. Or do you want to make a review first?

PS: That means that I don't have to change much, i.e. we still do the same,
just some more.
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de