Breakpoints

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 15 19:45:59 UTC 2009

On 15.04.09 21:03:51, Niko Sams wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> >> you mean the dirty-state? KDevelop::BreakpointController has to ask
> >> the _current_
> >> DebugSession about this state.
> >
> > How is "current" debug session defined if I debug two applications at the
> > same time? for 75% of the cases using the one which is currently "stopped"
> > would work, but that leaves one case where you'd have to decide. Or you'll
> > always ask all the sessions that are running (I don't really expect anybody
> > to debug more than 2 or 3 apps at the same time).
> Currently there can be only one DebugSession at a time.
> We have to decide if we'd support multiple DebugSessions - and if so - we have
> to implement this.

Depends on the complexity of doing it. If it turns out this needs too much
work, I suggest to move it to 4.1 or 4.2 feature list.

> Still - if there are multipe debug sessions running, there must be an
> current/active one
> for that backtrace/variables etc are shown. And for that one the
> breakpoint state is shown
> in the Breakpoints-Widget.

This at least is something I like in eclipse, the framestack view actually
shows _all_ running apps and under them their threads and for each thread
if it is stopped it shows a framestack. As soon as I select a specific
frame in the stack the variable view gets populated, if no frame is
selected then the variable view is empty.

You may call me biased, but I find that "modus operandi" quite intuitive.

You will be awarded a medal for disregarding safety in saving someone.