Highlighting an "already up to date" document?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Apr 15 10:31:53 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009, Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 of April 2009 01:03:28 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Simply copying (and adapting) the last part of the snippet into the
> > "already up to date" part does not work, I'm afraid... And I'm actually a
> > bit lost since in the  CPP plugin I can't see why it should work (yet it
> > does seem to work?), since - theoretically - it should return before
> > doing the highlighting when nothing needs to be updated...
>
> I'm not sure this is related, but custom (non-kate) highlighting indeed
> doesn't work in some cases: doesn't work when opening file via: ctrl+o,
> ctrl+alt+o
> does work when opening file via: project view, ctrl+click (from code)

True, right now I got a cpp file opened which does not get it's contents
highlighted properly.

Additionally it seems like no new parse job is run afterwards... I mean I can
completely empty a file (ctrl + a -> del ) and then write new code and it still
won't get highlighted. And not only that: Contexts, uses etc. won't get done
afterwards either!

David, where could this bug be located? Somewhere in KDevplatform I'd guess?
I'm not sure where to start...
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de