Breakpoints

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 06:42:54 UTC 2009

> I don't understand the point about single breakpoint class -- it
> seems independent from per-config/global discussion.
because of GDBDebugger::Breakpoint::maybeSend. If we don't know to which
Plugin a breakpoint belongs - we can't use a plugin-specific breakpoint class.

>> 2. per project / global
>> - gdb-plugin has to be ported, code moded out of breakpoint class
>> - much more flexible (easy to implement breakpoints per config, or -
>> as david suggested a brekpoint-set combobox)
>
> FWIW, I think breakpoint-set -- as a new concept in addition to project
> and launch config -- will just complicate the conceptual model.
>
>> - actually i'm working already on this
>
> Maybe, you can give more details how it will work? I don't mind in principle
> trying something can be be easily tweaked later -- but the details matter.
- single instance of KDevelop::BreakpointController and
KDevelop::Breakpoints in kdevplatform
- no KDevelop::Breakpoint::maybeSend
- no KDevelop::Breakpoint::dirty_, KDevelop::Breakpoint::errors_
- a GDBDebugger::GdbBrekpointController (inherits QObject) per DebugSession
- GdbBreakpointController adds the GDBCommands for sending the breakpoints

Niko