new Run-API

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 14 21:39:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

finally I've found the time to sit down, think this through and at least
write up the API for the improved run support.

The runcontroller will provide a way for any plugin to setup its own run
configuration type. It currently also provides access to the actual run
configs, but I'm not yet sure wether thats really needed for plugins
(don't have a usecase atm).

Each run config type has a list of associated configuration pages, where
a config page is just a bit of additional API for loading/storing the
config on top of QWidget (so it can easily be put into any kind of GUI).

There's also different run modes, currently one for run, debug and
profile. Those will be associated to the toolbar actions.

A config type also has a list of "starters" classes, each of which can
execute a configuration of the given type. Each starter can have one or
more run modes it supports. This allows a plugin to provide a starter
that can do normal execution as well as debugging, but also allows for
plugins to supply additional tools for an existing config type.

Please have a look at the diff and let me know your opinions, one thing
I'd like to get some info about: Should IRunConfiguration be really
exposed to plugins, or should it be internal to shell/ and the pages
get just a KConfigGroup to read/write their settings.

Don't worry so loud, your roommate can't think.