"locate document in opened projects" is too slow

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 14 12:39:53 UTC 2009

On 14.04.09 00:39:04, Milian Wolff wrote:
> The action to locate the current document in the opened projects takes too
> long.
>
> Personally I get a 3-5 second delay after hitting the icon inside the project
> list view. During that time KDevelop GUI is completly blocked.
>
> Could someone take a look at that?

You mean the sync icon? How large is your project and how deeply nested
is it? Its instant here with files in KDevPlatform and KDevelop. So
you might need to provide some profiling data so we can see where the
time is spent (run kdevelop inside valgrind using --tool=callgrind).

One thing I can think of is that this option probably doesn't use the
fileset that each project has which is a set of files inside the
project. That could possibly speed up finding the right project.

You will not be elected to public office this year.