A few questions about UI strings

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 16:57:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

while translating, I found somme issues, I was unsure about.

====
kdevelop/languages/cpp/quickopen.cpp
"This file imports the current open document<br/>"

What does this mean? A file can import something?
Is there ony one open Document? Does it import all open documents or only the active one?

====
kdevelop/languages/cpp/cppparsejob.cpp
"Parsing actual file"

Any chance you meant "current file" here?

====
kdevelop/languages/cpp/parser/rpp/pp-engine.cpp
"expected ``:'' = %1"

Messages like these should have a context to make it possible to translate them.
In general you should use contexts (i18nc()) way more often.

====
kdevelop/languages/cpp/veritas/uutcontextaction.cpp
"Generate Unit Under Test"

Another candidate for some context

====
"If this option is set, the Document View will organize documents\n
        by their mimetype. If this option is not set, the Document View will
not\n
        organize the open documents by type."

The second sentence ist not needed. Please do not over-document this kind of
highly understandable features.

====
Could "Trolltech" be replaced by "Nokia" or is it ok to be as is?

====
kdevelop/formatters/indent_plugin.cpp
"Home Page: <a href=\"http://www.gnu.org/software/indent/\">http://www.gnu.org/software/indent</a>/"

What is the point of using the trailing slash like that?
It can be part of the link.

====
kdevelop/formatters/astyle_preferences.ui
"Break bl&ocks all"

What does this mean?
"Break all blocks?"
"Break blocks all [... x lines]"?