[Patch] Qmake project manager Qt module include paths

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at maps-technology.com
Sat Apr 11 12:15:19 UTC 2009

On Friday 10 April 2009 00:38:35 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 09.04.09 14:22:26, Sean Harmer wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > This is my first post to this list.
> >
> > I have been trying to use kdevelop trunk with some of our work projects
> > which use the qmake build manager and I was forever getting problems
> > reported about the preprocessor not being able to resolve Qt #includes.
>
> Don't do that, the QMake support in trunk/ is not ready for usage and
> will most probably be moved very soon to playground.
Hmmm, that's a shame we use qmake a lot for our projects.

> > Upon investigation this turns out to be because the qmake manager was
> > telling the preprocessor to add $$[QT_INSTALL_HEADERS] to the include
> > search path but this variable is internal to qmake. However it can be
> > resolved by calling qmake -query QT_INSTALL_HEADERS so that is what I
> > have done in the attached patch.
>
> Thats not the only problem, unless I'm mistaken the qmake manager
> currently doesn't do any variable resolving at all, so only the most
> simple projects work.
I think not too. I'll start reading through the source to see if I can get my
head around what it is doing and where it needs improving as I would like to
be able to use kdevelop 4 with qmake. If anybody has any hints or pointers on
what areas that need work that would be great.

Cheers,

Sean