Crash with the latest trunk + KDE 4.2.2 when loading kdevplatform project

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Apr 8 20:29:32 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 08 April 2009, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 08 April 2009 21:15:49 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> > I get a similar crash yet cannot fix it by deleting kdevduchain. The
> > backtrace is appended, my console says the following:
> >
> > ASSERT: "bucket < m_bucketCount" in file
> > /home/milian/projects/kde4/kdevplatform/language/duchain/repositories/ite
> >mr epository.h, line 1656
> > KCrash: Application 'kdevelop' crashing...
> > sock_file=/home/milian/.kde/socket-odin/kdeinit4__0
> >
> > Note: It crashs for everything. I even moved my
> > ~/.kde/share/config/kdeveloprc to make sure it not some kind of
> > misconfiguration.
>
> Can you find out which of my recent commits causes this? This is really
> strange, since my kdevelop works just fine and stable. Sure your compile is
> not borked?

For the record: David helped me fix the problem via IRC. As my backtrace shows
it was an error in the DUChain Viewer... which was deleted from SVN quite some
time ago... So it's not really suprising I got a crash, considering the plugin
was compiled against a kdevplatform from quite some time ago. I wonder how I
could live that long with it wihtout any crashes ^^

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de