KDevelop 4.0 beta2 release

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Apr 5 20:11:27 UTC 2009

On 31.03.09 00:14:49, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How about releasing a beta 2 together with KDE 4.2.2 (Today) ?
>
> It would increase the visibility. I've been trying to contact apaku on IRC
> since Thursday with no success. I hope you read this. The tagging has to be
> done asap.

FYI: I've copied the classbrowser2 into
kdevplatform/plugins/classbrowser, deleted the old one and also switched
the debugger plugins. Both modules are tagged for 3.9.92 now in
tags/kdevelop and tags/kdevplatform respectively.

Mail to Dirk is on its way as well. Here's a draft of the release
announcement for the dot, which I'll submit when Dirk has finished the
uploading and the tarballs are ok:

,----
| The KDevelop team is proud to announce the second public beta of
| KDevelop4. This release includes some major new features, such as a new
| assistant</a>, a new <a
| href="http://www.proli.net/2009/02/28/kdevelop4s-documentation-integration/">documentation
| plugin</a> showing you the API dox for Qt and KDE apis, a reworked
| mercurial plugin and a rewrite of the classbrowser plugin. On top of
| that we've fixed tons of bugs and also did little improvements in all
| places.
|
| You can fetch the source packages for KDevPlatform and KDevelop from the
| <a
| href="http://download.kde.org/download.php?url=unstable/kdevelop/3.9.91/src/">KDE
| mirrors</a>. Be sure to download both packages.
`----

You will be aided greatly by a person whom you thought to be unimportant.