Class Browser

Lior Mualem lior.m.kde at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 17:58:10 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 04.04.09 09:00:23, Niko Sams wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Lior Mualem <lior.m.kde at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I've brought the class browser to a satisfactory level (IMHO).
>> > I'll be glad if you could review it.
>> Works great - even with Php! (except that methods aren't shown for some reason)
Thanks.
I've checked it with Php and you're right, the parser inherits
ClassFunctionDeclaration and specializes it for php and I checked for
the declaration using specific typeid. Now I use dynamic_cast to check
for the type so it should display the methods for php also. You are
welcome to check :)

>> ideas:
>> - sync Class Browser focus with text-editor focus (so always the
>> currenly edited class/method
>> is highlighted). This should be enabled with a toolbar-button in the
>> classbrowser.
>
> And it should be off by default.
Nice idea, I'll add it to the wiki.

>> - add a Method Browser that shows the methods of the active class (not
>> on the n-th level in the tree)
>> (don't know if that is too useful as we have Ctrl+Alt+N already)
>
> I'm not sure thats overly useful, in kdev3 I've used this only for
> quickly jumping to another method in a file, for that the outline is
> perfectly fine.
I agree with Andreas regarding this. Unless you see other use for this
except for quick jump.

Lior