KDevelop 4.0 beta2 release

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Apr 3 23:18:13 UTC 2009

On 31.03.09 08:43:28, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 31.03.09 00:14:49, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> > How about releasing a beta 2 together with KDE 4.2.2 (Today) ?
> >
> > It would increase the visibility. I've been trying to contact apaku on IRC
> > since Thursday with no success. I hope you read this.
>
> If you want to contact me outside of german office hours email is a better
> bet (albeit being a tad bit slower). Especially on weekdays.
>
> > The tagging has to be done asap.
>
> I saw (in the backlog) that Alex and David thought its a good idea, I don't
> have any objections though I didn't think we've accumulated enough features
> to warrant a new beta2. I'm also not aware of the current stability of our
> IDE as I basically haven't used it for over a week now...

Ok, apparently I have to threat people to do certain things to get
reactions. So hereby I'm proposing that I'll be tagging the next beta on
sunday evening/night if I feel the IDE is stable enough during the
weekend. I'll notify Dirk, which leaves...

> What about publicity? I think it would be nice to have an article on the
> dot again, but for that I'll need someone to fill me in on the important
> new features - if I have that I can do the writing and coordination with
> the dot team.

This part, I'm not particular eager to look back through our svn log to
find out which particular features have been implemented meanwhile. So
if I don't get any responses regarding important new features to tackle
in a dot announcement I'll just do a blog post.

An avocado-tone refrigerator would look good on your resume.