Hash class problem

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 22 23:25:48 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 23. September 2008 01:07:45 schrieb Hamish Rodda:
> If we really need the performance, it was suggested by either Roberto or
> Adam a long time back that we use Google's sparse hash - they have two
> versions, one optimised for memory consumption, and one optimised for
> speed.  If ever anyone needs efficient hash classes, it's google...:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/google-sparsehash/

Well, not sure if it would be worth the effort. Maybe, I haven't looked to
much at those google classes yet. What we need is a hash with fast
lookup+insertion, the rest doesn't really matter.

Might be useful if it would be possible to just copy one or two of those
google headers into our kdevplatform/utils directory so we'd have a simple
and efficient STL-style hash class for general usage in caches and such.

Greetings, David