Qt (KDE?) testing tools

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Sep 19 16:16:41 UTC 2008

On 19.09.08 17:56:25, Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> Hi,
> Are there free utilities like Squish to write test for Qt/KDE
> applications? It seems to me google doesn't know about anything, but squish.

For automated GUI tests for Qt applications Squish is the only really
feasible solution. However that doesn't mean its not "free", its just
not open-source. I've been doing the KDE4 port of Squish recently, now I
just need to get a package built and everybody interested in writing KDE
GUI Tests can request a package from us.

As far as non-GUI tests go you can use pretty much any toolkit you can
find I think.

You will give someone a piece of your mind, which you can ill afford.