What to do with test results

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Sep 16 20:04:47 UTC 2008

On 16.09.08 21:36:51, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 September 2008 21:04:42 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I've now setup a nightly runs of ctest for kdevplatform and kdevelop on
> > my work machine. Including xml output from QTest. We've got a few fails
> > but it looks better than I thought. I'm now wondering what to do with
> > the results. I could send the .log file out to the list, which is just
> > the summary information and provide the xml output on demand. Or I could
> > see wether I can setup a place on my server where the logs from the last
> > run are available. Unfortunately the machine is not available directly
> > from the net.
> >
> > If anybody wants to write an xslt file to transform I could produce html
> > output as well.
> >
> > Opinions?
> As a first step let the cron job send a mail to the ml.
>
> Latter we could try to allocate a server for it, and do the xslt stuff.

I already have a server (got my own root-machine since 2003), so hosting
just the .xml files isn't that much of a problem - unless I hundreds of
people fetch the files per hour :) The xslt stuff would definetly take
some time, the question is mostly wether its "ok" if I send the verbose
output only if someone asks for it, or if the devs want "easier" access
via a download on a server.

BTW: One bad side of our tests is that they require a running XServer -
not a big deal on my work machine, but elsewhere that might be
different.

You will be surrounded by luxury.