KDE/kdevplatform/language/duchain

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:47:25 UTC 2008

Am Montag, 15. September 2008 18:31:31 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 15.09.08 15:28:46, David Nolden wrote:
> > SVN commit 861252 by zwabel:
> >
> > Add a comment to the assertion. Now we need to think how to load
> > language-supports on demand.
>
> So you now need language support without even having a file opened from
> that language? I'd have to check at the API but that shouldn't be too
> hard.
>
> Andreas

The problem is, that KDevelop tries to load a DUContext of a type that
currently doesn't exist within KDevelop, because the language-support that
contains that type isn't loaded. The class-browser does some processing while
startup that can trigger this.

I think we need to do this: Store the name of the language-support in each
top-context, and when attempting to load a top-context, first check whether
the needed language-support is there, and if it isn't, load it.

Greetings, David