Unit Tests

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Sep 13 12:10:14 UTC 2008

On 13.09.08 15:48:06, Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > 2. If there's infrastructure missing to create such unit-tests, lets
> > discuss how we can create that infrastructure
> > 3. It would be nice if everybody could spare an hour or two of
> > development time every other week - or once a month or something and use
> > it for test-writing.
>
> 4. What about running tests before committing?

That doesn't work, people forget this easily. Instead we should have
automated nightly runs of tests as I said in my other mail.

You could do this, but then it would need to be part of the
build-process and that can be quite hard to justify - to re-run all
tests of a subdir when re-compiling...

You will soon meet a person who will play an important role in your life.