Documentation pluin (was Re: Status of the Source Formatter plugin)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Sep 13 11:57:16 UTC 2008

On 13.09.08 11:41:52, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2008 19:25:33 Cedric Pasteur wrote:
> > >
> > > Yeah, as Andreas says, filecreate would be more important. But should you
> > > start working on doc plugin, here's my experience with the one I wrote
> > > for KDev3. Hope that helps.
> >
> > thank you for all your advices.
> > Hamish is working on the code generation framework, maybe we should wait
> > for it to be finished (or at least more advanced before creatingthe
> > filecreate plugin).
>
> I forget what filecreate actually does... my framework will be designed to
> create code only, so if there are other things like ui files, etc. then they
> need to be covered separately.

filecreate is basically just a simple create-file-from-template plugin.
It allows to put custom templates into <project>/templates and use them
depending on the file-type thats created. With support for some
variables, like author, version, filename and so on.

Obviously this needs a public interface to be useable with things like a
class/code-generator. I also want to allow for cross-project templates
and custom variable support. But I'm not sure I can pull that one off
for 4.0, it would be nice but its not a showstopper as one can always
use a bit of copy/paste+search/replace for creation of files.

Courage is your greatest present need.