Status of the Source Formatter plugin

Cedric Pasteur cedric.pasteur at free.fr
Thu Sep 11 18:51:35 UTC 2008

Hi,
The biggest part of the work for the source formatter plugin has been done.
Currently, only astyle and GNU indent are supported, but adding more is easy.
It just takes time to create the config dialog. The indent plugin cannot be
configured yet, I'm waiting for the port of koproperty (in koffice/) to qt4
because there 's lot of options and a normal dialog won't be very usable.

For all supported plugins, custom themes are supported.
It is possible to format all the files in a directory (or a complete project)
and the plugin will chose the backend corresponding to the mime type for each
file, and even add kate modelines if needed.

If you have any ideas of new features or if you find bugs, please tell me.

Right now, I plan to start woring on the documentation plugin. If there's
another plugin more 'critical' for the future 4.0 that needs some love,
please tell me.

Cedric