KDevelop 4.0 Release

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:42:09 UTC 2008

Am Montag, 8. September 2008 13:23:13 schrieb Hamish Rodda:
> On Monday 08 September 2008 20:57:31 Manuel Breugelmans wrote:
> > Steps to reproduce:
> > 1/ remove persistant store
> > 2/ boot kdevelop
> > 3/ load some c++ project
> > 4/ close kdevelop while still parsing
>
> I'm aware of some potential crashes here, I should take a look if I get
> time... but I thought that david had a workaround for detecting crashes
> during writing.

Looking at the code again, I think I know now what's causing it. Will probably
be an easy fix, so don't bother. :)

The core problem is probably that single item-repositories store themselves to
disk in their destructor, ignoring all consistency logic. They probably just
shouldn't do that and we're fine(global saving is triggered from within
duchain.cpp)

Greetings, David