DUChain questions

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Thu Sep 4 08:49:54 UTC 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008 16:13:39 Niko Sams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few issues for the php language support:
>
> 1. two declarations with different types and the same identifier
> within one scope,
> example:
> class A {}
> class B {}
> $foo = new A();
> $foo = new B();
>
> Currently I create a new declaration on every assignment operation. In
> that example
> there are two declarations. But the uses don't work correctly - once I
> add uses to one declaration
> both return them in uses().
> What is the correct way to go here?

Hopefully david can help with this one.

> 2. include paths. There is no make-system I could ask about include
> paths, those are either
> server-configuration or set dynamically in the code. So I think we
> need an ui for setting those
> include paths.
> How/Where should this be implemented, or any other ideas?

You'd need a php language support kconfig module.  I'd suggest to get
inspiration from any of the project-specific modules that exist already
(cmake, make, etc).

> 3. When a class is used it doesn't necessarily have to be included -
> instead i look it up in
> the CodeModel. (done so far) But this works only if the used class has
> been parsed. Even with whole project
> parsing activated it can happen that the used class is parsed after the
> use. How can I fix this?

The parse all files needs to become a proper feature, not a hack, and then
use-reparsing triggered for languages like php when all sources have been
parsed.

Cheers,
Hamish.