Can't configure kdevelop, unable to find kdevplatform

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 27 19:38:23 UTC 2008

This looks to be caused by the simplification of FindKDevPlatform 9 days
ago (I don't think I've built since then, anyway). I get this:

CMake Error: find_package could not find a configuration file for
package KDevPlatform.
Set KDevPlatform_DIR to the directory containing a CMake configuration
file for KDevPlatform.  The file will have one of the following names:
   KDevPlatformConfig.cmake
   kdevplatform-config.cmake

FATALCould not find KDevPlatform libraries, searched in  and . You can
set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to search in other directories.

(There's also a missing space in that error message...)

It seems that, unlike the Find's for automoc, strigi, etc,
FindKDevPlatform does not check CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX. Since most people
are probably installing kdevelop and kdevplatform to the same location,
this seems like a reasonable thing to do, but I'm not entirely sure how
to go about adapting e.g. FindAutomoc.cmake for KDevPlatform. (The naive
way is to append CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, but automoc
seems to do something better, but without more digging I'm not clear how
it works. I'm hoping someone else will have a better idea.)

--
Matthew
When on POSIX, do as POSIX mandates.