Release Plan

Esben Mose Hansen esben at mosehansen.dk
Sun Oct 26 21:27:26 UTC 2008

On Saturday 18 October 2008 10:11:11 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> until further notice the KDE 4.2 Release Schedule is used for the tagging
> dates. That means that I won't do the tagging myself, but will rely on Dirk
> to do it. I'll just increase the version numbers before the tagging.
>
> So Alpha3 will be tagged on monday, 21st.
>
> The schedule is here:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.2_Release_Schedule

Having used kdevelop 4 for some months now, I would say that it is usable as-
is, except for a few crash-bugs. This is from a user-perspective: I would much
rather have kdevelop 4 sooner (more or less in its presentday state) than
later.

I would not have said so when I started using KDevelop 4, where time-between-
crashes were about 30 minutes :)

I don't know if this is important, but I would advice against having complete
feature-parity with KDevelop 3 as necessary condition for releasing. The
underlying libs (esp. kate) have changed so much that you/we will have
disgruntled users no matter what.

Just my 0.02€

--
Kærlig hilsen, Esben