Include paths for custom make projects

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Oct 26 18:12:06 UTC 2008

On 25.10.08 16:41:34, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Samstag, 25. Oktober 2008 16:35:51 schrieb Vladimir Prus:
> > >
> > > Hmm yeah well if KDevelop knows where the makefiles are, that should
> > > actually be enough. But it of course doesn't work together with every
> > > kind of crazy makefiles..
> >
> > Do we look at makefiles to figure include paths? I think the Eclipse looks
> > at the commands that are emitted when running make, and tries to find -I
> > and -D switches there.
>
> Yes that's exactly what KDevelop can do to. But it needs to call make where
> the makefiles are, else the make tool won't be happy. ;)

We'll probably want support for nmake/cl at some point (I know I do) and I
also think not having to actually run make would be nice as well.

IIRC the logic is all in includepathresolver in C++ support, right? Maybe
the make manager plugin should allow to set up a mapping for

- what identifies an include path
- what identifies defines

per "executable". That would make the makebuilder independant of the
compiler/assembler/linker/pre-processing to

Your fly might be open (but don't check it just now).