[patch] redundant project view actions

M Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 09:56:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 21.10.08 11:15:27, M Breugelmans wrote:
>> changeset:
>> - show build, clean, install & add-to-buildset context actions only
>> for targets & build folders. Not for normal folders nor plain files.
>
> Ok, except that files that are under targets should also be possible. Some
> buildsystems allow to compile individual files.

But then it should only show a build actions for those specific files
in those specific build systems no? Now you can do 'my_header.h' ->
add_to_buildset ... which doesnt make sense at least not to me :) Or
worse, README->add_to_buildset.

>> - fix the menu addition code. Intend seemed to be to add submenu's for
>> the different groups. Due to a typo they actually appear flat in the
>> top-context menu, which is imo better. Now the code actually says
>> that.
>
> No, actually the intent is that some groups get their own submenu (like for
> example the Version Control group) because there's a lot of them and they
> easily clutter the menu. While other groups should add their actions
> top-level, like the file and build group.

Yes, I understand that. If you look at the code it actually checks for
(buildActions.count()>1) in the projectActions bit. Because the
build-actions are currently assigned to the ProjectGroup
buildaction.count is zero. Hence the project actions (which currently
includes build,clean etc) are not in a submen (which is good). The
logic is off though. This patch fixes the code to behave as you
explain.

Manuel