New Qt IDE

Evgeniy Ivanov powerfox at kde.ru
Wed Oct 15 08:37:44 UTC 2008

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Its called Greenhouse, aims at providing a slick IDE. From a first look its
> goal is kate with built-in brainpower.

Green? Did they develop it with SUSE? xD

> Those who can understand german might read:
> http://www.linux-magazin.de/news/qt_developer_days_neue_qt_ide_namens_greenhouse
>
> The others might want to look at the pictures there. Apparently the
> developers made sure that the looks are very stylish.

Looks very pretty. I rememeber we were discussing that KDevelop by
default should be like kate with brain too, but with ability to load
extra plugins (and we have a lot of).

> Oh and the developers said that apparently its not 100% sure that this is
> going to be open source. There's a chance that Qt Software makes it
> available to commercial customers only. Given the amount of free Qt IDE's
> I doubt that, but who knows.

I doubt they can be better than we (if we become stable), but their
usability and style looks perfect.

--
Cheers, Evgeniy.
Key fingerprint: F316 B5A1 F6D2 054F CD18 B74A 9540 0ABB 1FE5 67A3