new runpreferences

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Oct 12 19:31:10 UTC 2008

On 09.10.08 21:33:06, Aleix wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 09.10.08 17:41:05, Aleix wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > > after a sad tuesday of dealing with not working  and after chatting a bit
> > > with apaku we decided to take a new approach. I had to to some dirty work
> > so
> > > maybe someone concerned my want to take a look at it first.
> > >
> > > It is not fully working yet, though... it still needs some love.
> >
> > > +class RunSettings : public KDevelop::ProjectConfigSkeleton
> >
> > This shouldn't be a project-specific setting. Run configs should be
> > cross-project IMHO. If somebody wants to have a certain run configuration
> > in his project we should provide a way to "move" it to that project.
>
> Well, as far as I see it, every project will have some targets (we need to
> find a better name for this, agree) and will manage his own... do you think
> this should be moved to KDevelop settings? :S

I'm not so sure that run settings should be in a project config by default.
This makes it easy to switch a run config to a different projects target
easily.  But as I said it should be easy to move the config into the
project settings so a developer can share it with other developers.

You will be married within a year, and divorced within two.