Organizing shortcuts

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Oct 12 16:50:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

as we've got now 3-4 quick-open shortcuts and there's also shortcut scheme
support in kdelibs I'd like to discuss some organization of them so we don't
get duplicate shortcuts (luckily there's warning for that now in kdelibs,
so you get notified when trying an ambiguous shortcut) and its also easy to
remember shortcuts.

The first thing I'd like to do is assemble a list of actions were a
shortcut should be assigned as default. I'll dig into kate to see which of
its shortcuts we could disable and will reply to this thread then.

Also I'd like to hear people's "wishes" regarding the actual shortcuts to
use for those actions. I think an emacs-like grouping would make sense, so
you'd have for example Ctrl+Shift+Q as "first" part for any quick-open
action and then you just need a single letter to trigger Class, Method,
Files or Opened-Files.

You had some happiness once, but your parents moved away, and you had to
leave it behind.