Default-Selection of plugins

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 27 22:16:54 UTC 2008

On 27.11.08 22:52:48, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 27. November 2008 22:47:48 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > I guess I just answered my question which way to go, because that last part
> > is simply unacceptable I think. Opinions?
>
> Isn't it possible to load the plugins based on an application-dependent flag,
> like "enable by default in kdevelop", "enable by default in quanta", etc.?

No, KPluginSelector simply checks for the X-KDE-EnablePluginByDefault
property and loads that. Hmm, maybe one other option would be using the
X-KDevelop-Category with:

KDevPlatform
KDevelop
Quanta

but that would make it impossible to use KDevelop plugins also in Quanta,
which I'm not sure is a good idea...

Of course if we don't use KPluginSelector::defaults() but implement
KCModule::defaults() ourselves in a slightly different way that wouldn't be
a problem...

You are a fluke of the universe; you have no right to be here.