Preliminary breadcrumbs implementation - patch

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Mon Nov 24 12:24:18 UTC 2008

Monday 24 November 2008 David Nolden wrote:
> Am Montag, 24. November 2008 11:46:24 schrieb Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen:
> >   Is an intended change to make it look like the trail in Dolphin? ;)
> > Just an idea, really, but it would be advantageous to make it look like,
> > or even build on the widget from, Dolphin's location bar :)
>
> Yep I agree, it would be quite useful since, since dolphin's breadcrumb
> widget probably already contains quite some useful code to save space, and
> it looks nicer.

  There's a lot to say about consistency as well :)

> Other than that this seems to be on a good way, although obviously quite
> some polishing is needed.
>
> So keep it up.

  i concur :)

  This does seem to potentially go really well with the no-tabs-everything-is-
open thing...

- Make the root of the breadcrumbs tail the project
- Mark files with changes in the treeview
  (either simple with bold, or a opposite-aligned modified icon)
- Use the breadcrumbs trail to show the document and provide easy navigation
  to other documents in the same dir and functions in the file or...
- Use the breadcrumbs trail to navigate the code purely by structure in stead
  of filenames...

  The last two could be a project option, because i really am not sure that we
could reach a consensus with all developers that either of the two is the
better option ;)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/