KDE/kdevplatform/language

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Nov 19 08:22:26 UTC 2008

On 19.11.08 09:07:30, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 18.11.08 22:47:18, David Nolden wrote:
> > SVN commit 886294 by zwabel:
> >
> > - Move all the SetRepository code from KDevelop C++ support into the language support, because it will be very useful there in some other areas.
> > - Refactor a new class ModificationRevisionSet out of existing code in Cpp::EnvironmentFile. This class can very efficiently manage a set of modification-revisions, and check whether they are met. Since nodes are implicitly shared, this will allow implementing a very efficient language-independent modification cache. The class data is disk-persistent until clear() is called.
> > - Refactor some functionality from Cpp::EnvironmentFile into the standardParsingEnvironmentFile. Now it can store the modification-revision of the file, and of an arbitrary count of files it depends on, very efficiently using ModificationRevisionSet.
> > Also move some other generic stuff into ParsingEnvironmentFile. Now it doesn't contain any abstract functions any more, and should be usable just as-is for simpler language-supports, like CMake, PHP, or Java for modification-tracking.
>
> This breaks compilation of kdevplatform because it creates a link cycle
> between kdevplatformlanguage and kdevplatformutil. I wonder why your cmake
> didn't complain...

I reverted this and changes to kdevelop from later revisions. Tagging will
be happening "anytime now" (as it was scheduled for 23:59 last night) and I
don't have the time right now to fix this properly.

As soon as we have a 4.1.91 (or 81) tag under tags/KDE in subversion
anybody is free to commit a working and compiling version of this patch and
the related changes in kdevelop

You may be gone tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that you weren't here today.