test retrieval

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Nov 16 14:11:56 UTC 2008

On 16.11.08 12:33:03, M Breugelmans wrote:
> Test location information is now fetched through ctest, instead of
> through the KDevelop-cmake parser. It works by parsing
> CTestTestfile.cmake's in the build directory. The reasons behind this
> change are:
>
> - API in IProjectFileManager was no good, a generic approach for one
> specific case (cmake+ctest) is wrong.

Thats just wrong. Sure we only had one implementation for the method, but
thats the case for almost any API in IBuildsystemManager.

A few points why this is worse than letting the cmake parser handle it:

- you're going to need to do the same thing for other buildsystems, to
  support their way of creating test-targets
- there's no API for other parts to use if they want to access the Test
  executables
- The user now has to re-run build before he'll see changes to the
  CMakeLists.txt file for the tests.

If parsing a ctest file is easier for veritas, then you can ignore the
test-executables. Nonetheless removing the working code and API that
provided access to the tests is wrong.

You feel a whole lot more like you do now than you did when you used to.