[patch] remove IProjectController::findProjectByName

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:44:45 UTC 2008

This findProjectByName method is flawed because it is perfectly legal to have
multiple projects with the same name. Right now it retrieves the first project
with this name in it's internal data structure, ie undefined behavior.

The method is only used in the buildsetmodel. I didn't actually check but I'm
pretty sure the buildset will act weird with multiple identically named
projects.

Attached patch removes this method from the API. It also fixes the buildset by
storing the project root URL for every item.

Manuel