C++ parser for Java 1.6

Sandro Andrade sandro.andrade at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 04:33:31 UTC 2008

Hi list,

I'm currently working in a new development effort aiming at the
implementation of a software visualization tool. We're going to use
Qt/KDE so I've tried in last days to find some tool for generating a
parser (written in C++) for Java 1.6. I'm not sure if I will need all
information gathered by the parser, since the initial requirements for
visualization includes just class and package names, base class,
methods names and parameters, attributes, visibility operators and so
on. On the other hand, future requirements may demand further
information, so I would like to keed all possible data in the
meta-model.

I've been playing with tools like QLALR, bison++, ANTLR, Coco/R,
java2xml, beautyJ, but I had no success due to input file format for
grammars, language-specific semantic actions, etc.

What do you recommend for building (using a C++ code) a searchable
meta-model for a Java 1.6 source-code ?

Thanks in advance,
--

Sandro Santos Andrade