KDE/kdevplatform/shell

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Sun Nov 9 19:30:53 UTC 2008

Another thing I thought about tabs. We can still have it and allow two modes:

1) usual kdev3 tabbed interface mode when new files are opened in new tabs

2) web browser-alike mode where:
- when only one file is shown you have no tabs at all
- when you open another file, it closes the previous and opens new in the same
place (just like web browser does when you type the new address in the
location bar)
- you always have an option to open a new tab (or open new file in new tab) if
you want to support my usecase like I described in my previous mail

I guess I'd rather like this the 2nd browser mode. I became really good at
managing my webpages in the browser this way. Yes, I'm not the person with 100
tabs opened in FF, I have just 6-9 ;).