appwizard try3

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Nov 9 19:18:33 UTC 2008

On 08.11.08 00:18:19, Aleix wrote:
> why don't we define the directory name as alphanumeric?

Because we want to autofill the directory name from the application name.
But the application name can use anything you can type with a keyboard,
including strange unicode characters and whatnot. So we need a way to get
to a proper directory name and %-encoding anything non-alphanumeric
(including a few special chars like ' ') seems to be a good solution. The
other option would be to define a list of characters that we support as
directory name and then filter out everything else from the appname.

Tonight you will pay the wages of sin; Don't forget to leave a tip.