KDevelop: General direction and UI - don't worry

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:01:32 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 16:46:18 Aleix wrote:
> Maybe we should start to create the extragear plugin project as we have
> said other times...

+1

Although I think that a plugin installation system from within the IDE (like
eclipse's or khotnewstuff) would be much better. We want to make it as _easy_
as possible to install just this single extra plugin, nobody likes messing
with installation stuff. Preferably even with some kind of search for
discoverability.

Imo plugins in this extragear should NOT equal
untested/unused/buggy/unfinished, but rather rock solid stuff that might only
apply to a smaller audience.

Manuel