filesystem view does not honour single click

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri May 30 07:21:51 UTC 2008

On 30.05.08 06:29:45, Kishore wrote:
> On Friday 30 May 2008 2:45:47 am Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Apart from those techical issues: What if kdevelop is started on a
> > system that doesn't have dolphin installed? The KPart is not part of
> > kdelibs or kdebase-runtime, which means people won't get any filemanager
> > if they don't install dolphin. Thats not good IMHO. I know the same
> > applies to the embedded konsole, but writing a good terminal app is
> > quite a bit more work then displaying the data of the existing
> > filesystem model and adding some basic navigation to it.
>
> Interesting. Even konqueror now uses the dolphin part.

Right and it will load whatever kpart it can find that seems to allow
for file-browsing if dolphin is not installed. However it badly fails at
that (trying to use cvs and svn part).

So thats not something I want to do for KDevelop and making dolphin a
dependency of KDevelop is of course no option either.

You are magnetic in your bearing.