filesystem view does not honour single click

Sun May 25 04:28:20 UTC 2008

On Sunday 25 May 2008 1:09:00 am Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 24.05.08 23:25:25, Kishore wrote:
> > The filesystem view in kdev4 does not honor the kde setting to single
> > click open files. I would think it should.
>
> Then you'd first have to convince Alexander that its a good idea ;) Its
> his code and his decision to not use the kde mechanism for single/double
> click behaviour was done on purpose.
>
> And I tend to agree with him, single-click makes selecting files a lot
> harder, especially in such condensed views where there's no whitespace
> or rubber-band selection available.

The KDE wide option for single click itself is hard to work with and dolphin
is trying hard to make is easy to work with. I think those who have opted for
single click have chosen for it to be this way, difficult as it may be.

Why not embed dolphin's view in the filesystem view? Dolphins details view and
column view provide selection when clicked on the icon and navigation when on
the text.
--
Cheers!
Kishore